Thursday, January 8, 2015

MTC 2

Hello family and friends!

 A late Merry Christmas from the MTC! 

This week has again, been super busy, and amazing! First thing to announce, is that Russel M. Nelson of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles came to speak to us on Christmas Day. My companion and I somehow made it to the third row, and dead center in front of him. We saved seats for the rest of our district, and we were all amazed! He truly is  a servant of the Lord. I am proud to be a Missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints!

Gary Stevenson, who is the Presiding Bishop also gave a devotional on the Tuesday before Christmas.
This last Sunday for the devotional, David Archuleta and Richard Elliot of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir (I have two aunts in the same choir) played the organ and sang for us. David even sang his song "Glorious" that was featured at the ending of Meet The Mormons movie. It was amazing to be so close to such amazing talent. David also just recently returned from a tour to France. He gave a special shout out to the Lyon Missionaries (me included). During one of the devotionals, I saw a Sister Missionary in front of me and drawing an amazing picture.
She finished, and I asked her what she could also draw. She said anything, so I have her my watch, and she did an amazing sketch of it! I will cherish this simple gift for the rest of my mission. 








On Christmas day, I received a Seattle Seahawks blanket, a six pound bag of Gummy Bears, and some awesome ties, and lots of other little stuff! My Aunt Penny even made me a cute stocking with gifts that were related to scriptures! Lets just say it was an amazing Christmas.


We continued to teach our French Investigators, and it is pretty tough. It was a surprise to find out that our investigators would turn of to be our new teachers! Now they know how bad I am at French! Even though they were fake in the discussions, you can feel the spirit in them. Even in our really bad French, Elder Tomlinson and I were able to get our message through and have the spirit with us! I still don' know what I will do when I'm in France...

All the Elders in my District are goofballs. It is so fun to be with all of them! It has only been a few weeks, and we all know each other like it has been forever. We know about all their relationships, their school days, and even their family to a good amount! I think some of the mothers are even reading this blog! (Hello to all the mothers to the Elders I serve with!)

Elder Adams and I decided to have a contest to see who can stand the longest in the snow. So we went outside and laid in the snow for a good five minutes. We decided to call it a draw, because the both of us were freezing, but we wanted to both say we won. It was a great bonding experience! 

Elder Tomlinson and I went to therapy again, and this time was even more painful! Elder Pieksma and I have been stretching my arm every night to try and get my movement back in my fractured elbow. It hurts beyond expression sometimes, but I am glad that he is willing to hurt me for the greater good! I think Elder Tomlinson enjoyed his time to take a nap while I did therapy:) We get so little sleep in the MTC, you can not imagine how tired we are!

This morning on P-Day, we had service in the Provo Temple! The French Elders worked in the cafeteria dinning room and cleaned all the tables and chairs. Our supervisor that works for the Temple served in Northern France and Belgium. While we all cleaned, he would tell us tips and stories that would make us better Missionaries in France. It was a great spiritual experience to serve in the Temple and clean it for three hours. It really is the House of the Lord. 

I love all of you, I miss you, but am glad to be finally on my Mission! I know that this Church is true, and that with all your faith and prayers, our district will manage to learn French, and become fantastic Missionaries! 

I wish you a late Merry Christmas, and a Happy New year!

Love, Elder Acheson!

No comments:

Post a Comment