Monday, October 10, 2016

WEEK #4 IN BIENNE, SWITZERLAND

Hello everyone! 


I hope that you have had a great week! It seemed like this week was pretty quick like the last one. We had some great things during the week. Before I get ahead of myself with the things that went on, I'll tell you what we did last Monday:) 




We went hiking in the beautiful canyon just next to our apartment. Then we started looking at stores for shoes and suits. My parents gave me a birthday present (in April) to buy a new suit and suits before I leave Europe. I couldn't find any suits that I liked. But! I did happen to find some shoes. 


On Tuesday we met up with some people from Elder Trapani's  home ward in Italy. The ward was in town to go to the temple. There was an older senior couple that is working with Elder Trapani's mom who is investigating our church.


 We saw some of the young adults that also came with them. We then showed them the lake that our town surrounds. We later tried to pass a less active in an outer ville. We tried to knock and leave him a card. Then we went and ate with the Family Nasufi. I shared the spiritual thought about a talk during LDS General Conference that spoke about the child that wouldn't listen and read the scriptures. I told them that I was just like that when I was younger. Mirsad the son, is going on vacation for a few weeks, so we wont see him for a while. 



We had to catch a train that evening to go to Geneva for zone conference the next day in Lyon. Before that we did some contacting in centre ville to try and find some people to teach. I talked to one guy that knew about the Mormons thanks to South Park the tv show. Unfortunately, it is not the best source of information on our faith. I was able to share with him true principles of our church and give him some brochures.He was just visiting Switzerland, so we couldn't really teach him another time. It was a good conversation though.

The next day we woke up at 4:30 a.m. to catch the train to Lyon. It is going to be my second to last zone conference. President Brown talked to us about things that were going on in the mission. He had us ask questions about things and he told us what the reasons were for things happening. It was a really great zone conference. 

On Friday we did our weekly planning, and we had our meeting with the mission leader for the branch. We talked about people we wanted to work with, and he helped us select a few people to put on priority. Later we went contacting and we were walking down a road with no one on it, and there was one man at the end. We contacted him, and ended up teaching him about the restoration and plan of salvation. He was from Albania, and I told him my brother served his mission there. I also told him that there was an Albanian family in the branch that would love to help teach him. He gave us his number, and he said that he was hesitant to really get into the lessons without learning more in Albanian. 

On Saturday Elder Trapani woke up not feeling super well and so I called the nurse and she said that we should stay inside. So that's what we did. I read some Book of Mormon and some old Ensign magazines on my iPad.

On Sunday we went to church, and we had a friend of one of our members come. We can't go to his house to teach him because he lives out of our sector. We did schedule a lesson with him and a member though! After church we went home and ate lunch. We then did some studies and Elder trapani had to lay down because he didn't feel super well. So that was the end of the day.

Right now (Monday morning), we are on a train going to Dijon for an exchange. Should be fun! 

I'll finish my email with what I said for my testimony yesterday at church. I mentioned that I was just like the kid during the conference talk that said "Mom, I'm not listening!" I explained to the branch that I was a very hard kid to raise, and that even though I was not self reliant with the gospel, I have now become someone that actively studies it and tries to apply it. I challenged all the members to do the same.

I love you all! I hope you have a great week! 

Love, Elder Race Acheson

P.S. Thanks Mom for the fun gift.  I love the Seattle SeaHawks!

No comments:

Post a Comment