Tuesday, October 6, 2015

WEEK #18 IN MONT DE MARSAN, FRANCE

 
Monday October 5, 2016

Dear Family and Friends,

Hey everyone! Just to let you all know, I am feeling so much better! Thank you so much for the prayers on my behalf!  It's been about 20 days since I started feeling sick with pneumonia.  Most of those days were spent in the apartment sick in bed. I lost over 15 pounds.  It's been hard, but with the help from the Savior it all worked out and I am doing better and gaining strength each day.

This last week still was pretty simple. We had district meeting in Pau. We had a big sleepover with the zone leaders and Pau elders. In the meeting we focused on things we love about the mission. At that moment, there weren't too many things I could name. But now, there are lots of things I love about the mission!  I LOVE my mission.  I never realized how important your health is in relationship to your attitude.

After the meeting, we ate soup in a bread bowl. We came home, and spent the rest of the week in the apartment healing some more.

Saturday, we went to the church to watch LDS General Conference in the small clerk’s office. It was great to watch conference. Here in the mission field, it is like Christmas! I loved being able to see my two aunts, who sing in the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.

So this week is the last week of the transfer! I guess time goes fast when you're sick! So we will try and be productive and do some work this week. We have the baptism of Jean Louis this Saturday! So things are still going good here! 

Love you all! Thanks for the prayers! 

-Love Elder Acheson

No comments:

Post a Comment