Wednesday, May 27, 2015

WEEK #4 IN VITROLLES, FRANCE

Bonjour from the beautiful south of France!
Elder Acheson and Elder Arts

This week was great! It was quick! 

Tuesday: We went to Marseille and I got my Xray for my arm. They even gave me a ultrasound! It was weird to see the inside of my arm!


Elder Arts and I then took a train to Avignon. We stayed there the night, and then I came back to Vitrolles with Elder Bleak. 

Wednesday: Elder Bleak and I then went to Salon to teach our member friend Marc. He's from Iran and we talk to him in English. We usually teach him simple things about the gospel. It's a nice break to teach in English. 

After Marc, Elder Bleak and I went contacting in Salon. We try to talk to people by using the Family Book and questionnaire. Once we get people talking, we then try to transition into gospel subjects. No one was interested that day in our message. While we were contacting, we passes through a the cool castle in the center of the ville! We then came home and unwind.

Thursday: Elder Bleak and I then back to Avignon to meet the other Elders. Elder Arts and I then took a train back to Vitrolles. We ate lunch and then met up with the Zone Leaders to do another exchange. I was with Elder Anderson here in Vitrolles. We went to Salon and did some contacting. No one talked to us. We then practiced some contacting. Even though I'm 5 months in my Mission, I still feel new and bad at French... 

Later that day, we went to a members home. Elder Anderson served in Vitrolles a year ago, so It was cool for him to see some old friends! Marc came and it was a great night! 

Friday: Elder Arts came back to Vitrolles, and we headed over to our Ami's apartment. Wallace and his Girlfriend Mara. We sang some hymns and even learned a Tahitian song! That took some time, and so we came home and studied after that.


Saturday: We had our Baptism for a girl named Julie. She has been going to church since she was 12, but she had to wait until she was 18 to get Baptised. It was a great thing to see! She was super happy, and It's a thing that I would love to see more and more! Lot's of people from the Nice Stake came to the Baptism. I talked to a lot of the youth that came. After that, we came home and planned for the week. 

Sunday: Julie got the Gift of the Holy Ghost during Sacrament Meeting. It was awesome to see her become a real member! I also sat in on a lesson in Italian for our Ami Francesco. Even though I couldn't understand the language, I was able to feel the spirit and the truth behind it! 
his week was great! 

Sunday: Julie got the Gift of the Holy Ghost during Sacrament Meeting. It was awesome to see her become a real member! I also sat in on a lesson in Italian for our Ami Francesco. Even though I couldn't understand the language, I was able to feel the spirit and the truth behind it! 

After Church, we got a ride to Martigues. There was a little party for Julie's Baptism and Birthday. She lives near a school, so we had a party in the small courtyard. There were a lot of young people there, so after we ate, we all sat around and talked and played some songs. 

After that party, we got a ride home, and did studies until planning.

That was pretty much the week! The language is still really hard for me. This past week I have tried to be more diligent in my studies. I have been working every day in the French Grammar book. I have been reading in the Book of Mormon everyday in French as well! It is still super hard.. I will have to keep pushing! Teaching here is hard, because we have to do a lot of finding. We have to take buses all the time to get around and that takes a good amount of time. When we do teach, I try to say as much as i can in French, but I feel like I don't say all I want to. That's why I am trying hard to get French down! Pray from me that I can get the Gift of Tongues!  

Tomorrow we have Zone Training, and we get our iPads! Super exciting! 

I love you all! Have a great week! 

-Love Elder Acheson II


No comments:

Post a Comment